ADDITIONAL PUMPKIN RESOURCES
* Beyond the Bean Seed: Gardening Activities for Grades K-6 by Nancy Allen Jurenka and Rosanne J. Blass; Teacher Ideas Press, 195 pages (1996). This book connects gardening with literacy and children's literature.
* A Harvest of Learning for a Multiage Class by Penelle
Chase, Educational Leadership, September 1995. A plan for
pumpkin growing and marketing, including "real work and
* Maine Agricultural Foods: Project SEED by Peter Beaulieu
and Pat Ossenfort. From the Maine Center for Educational
Services (1994), this paper describes a Maine project for
students in grades 4-12. "The goal is to increase student
awareness of how the foods they eat are planted, harvested
and processed." Pumpkins are one of the foods.
* Halloween High Jinks by Doreen Andrews and others,
Learning, October 1992. Presents a collection of fall and
Halloween activities for elementary students, including
* The Great Pumpkin by Maureen Johnson and Judith Stone,
Science and Children, September 1989. Includes pumpkin
investigations using measuring and cooking.
* Pumpkin Activities for Primary Children Some fun primary
activities and literature references found on ERIC's